|Full Real Name||Marques Ray Mascarinas|
|Stage Name||Marques Ray|
|Famously Known as||Marques Ray|
|Birthday (DOB)||April 13, 1981|
|Age (as of 2020)||39 years old|
|Place of Birth||California|
|Gay or Lesbian||No|
|Social Media Profiles||Instagram: @marquesray
|Parents||Father: Ceferino Mascarinas Sr.
Mother: Linda Baca Mascarinas
|Siblings||Ceferino Jr. (Brother)
Sean Mascarinas (Brother)
Body Statistics & More
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||7|
|Dating History?||Not known yet|
|Wife||Daisy Sanchez (m. 2015)|
|Highest Qualification||Graduation Degree in Communication|
|School||A local high school situated in California|
|Course in School||Advertising & Public Relations|
|Alumni||California State University, Bakersfield|
|Net worth (approx.)||$300 thousand (approx.)|
|Shows||Brews Brothers (Netflix)
Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire
A Sketch Show By Marques Ray
|Other Interesting Facts
|Birth Flower||Daisy/Sweet Pea|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Marques Ray
- Marques Ray is a well-known comedian and actor, who is most famous for his appearances on comedy shows such as Adam Ruins Everything, Dr. Ken and MTV’s Wild ‘N Out.
- As a musician, he got his start in his life. Having the determination to succeed, he performed with the leading R&B group MFC of that time apart from the hip-hop group namely “Hot-Squad”.
- Often his presence can be noted as a performer at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in Los Angeles.
- Also, he appeared on The UCB Show.
- ‘Sandbox’ has also been written as well as performed by Ray himself along with Randall Park. It was directed by reputed Tim Wilkerson. This series was based on “The Marq Park Comedy Hour”.
- In addition to this, Marques has also been featured on the sketch comedy show Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time.
- Ray was born in April in Kern County, California.
- He is one of three sons of his beloved parents. He has two brothers, Ceferino Jr. and Sean Mascarinas.
- Marques and his brothers, Ceferino Jr., and Sean Mascarinas, grew up in Bakersfield, California.
- Belonging from a farming community, Marques Ray spent his summers picking grapes during his childhood.
- Ray’s mother died in September 2019.
- Marques Ray studied the academic disciplines of advertising and public relations in school as he did not want to continue in the home-based business that was related to grape-picking and other kinds of farming activities.
- He first enrolled at San Diego State University, then graduated with a degree in communications in 2004.
- However, Ray decided not to pursue advertising as a career.
- Earlier, Ray started singing with an R&B group known as MFC.
- After that, he performed with the Bakersfield-based hip-hop group, Hot Squad.
- Nonetheless, his comedy career took off. He performs stand-up with UCB Comedy at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.
- In addition to this, he also made a sketch comedy group, Marq n’ Park.
- The series ‘Brews Brothers’ is not his first foray as a comedic TV actor.
- Ray has also appeared in Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time, Comedy Central’s Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, Mind of Mencia, Our Footloose Remake, Party Over Here, The UCB Show, The Conners, and more.
- His wife, Daisy Sanchez was born in November 1984.
- She is also a Bakersfield resident.
- She started as a Latina Mariachi-inspired musician, diversifying to songwriting and singing both originals and covers on YouTube.
- In May 2015, Ray and Sanchez got married.
- Their sweet daughter Camila was born in 2017.
- He is also known for appearing in Dr. Ken, Our Footloose Remake, Adam Ruins Everything, Superstore, The UCB Show, Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time, Mind of Mencia, Party Over HereFresh off the Boat, The Conners, and more.
- He studied advertising and public relations in school because he did not want to continue in the grape-picking business.
- Ray attended San Diego State University.
- Afterward, he graduated from Cal State-Bakersfield in 2004 with a degree in communications.
- Throughout his profession so far, Ray has an estimated net worth of between $1 and $5 million, which he has earned with his relentless efforts.
- Brew Brothers, a comedy series, in which Marques Ray acted as an employee at a brewing company. This fantastic series was released on April 10, 2020. Other co-actors in this web series are Alan Aisenberg, Mike Castle, and Carmen Flood. It has been created by Greg Schaffer, a leading TV producer, and writer in the United States.
- The comedy represents a funny, yet an authentic relationship between siblings besides underlining the role of the workplace in making or breaking this.
- In Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of fire, a comedic series, Ray played the character of “Bruce” showing his capabilities and skills in the fight, while defeating a few myrmidons despite being unarmed.
- It is worth mentioning here that the character of ‘Bruce’ in the ‘Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire’ series, was the role of a flamboyant homosexual individual. He was shown as a suppressed gay in the 2009 series. It was criticized severely among the LGTBQ (Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Bisexual, Queer) community. The rainbow community described this character as an “offensive stereotype”.
- In “Dr. Ken”, Ray played enthusiastically the role of a parking garage attendant. The popular series was created and written by Ken Jeong. It was based on Ken Jeong’s experience as a physician before he turned into a stand-up comedian in the 1990s.
- His wife, Daisy Sanchez, feels honored to be his wife and a mom of Camila, their adorable daughter! Her love for the family is manifested in the photos posted on social media, comprising their birthdays and wedding anniversaries.
- She posted many pictures on her social networking sites, including Instagram during the period of her pregnancy.
- Daisy Sanchez also loves singing. Once, she got a golden opportunity to sing at the CSUB Commencement ceremony in December 2019. She congratulated the graduates even for their remarkable achievements.
- She describes Ray as a “loving, dedicated father and husband”.
- His wife loves to hang out with her friends a lot apart from Ray.
- In July 2016, she shared her melodious voice with the audience as the singer of the national anthem at an awards banquet.
- Being a philanthropic personality, the couple is also associated with the ‘Kern County Cancer Fund’.