Parag Tyagi (born 27 November 1975) is an Indian television actor who started his career as a supporting actor, played the role of Archana’s brother in the serial Pavitra Rishta in 2009.
Along with his wife Shefali Jariwala, he has participated in reality dance Television show Nach Baliye 7. After then, Indian TV actor has done a lot of roles in Jodha Akbar, Balaji Telefilm’s weekend horror/ thriller show Brahmarakshas on ZEETV and many more.
His Bollywood debut movie is Wednesday in which he played the role of a police officer after then has done a few Bollywood projects in which he played the supporting roles.
Tyagi is currently playing the role of Rudranath in TV Serial Aghori and his wife is a participant of Indian reality show Big Boss.
Apart from this he also did the Telugu language films Agnyaathavaasi (2018) and another project is Vanky Mama which is currently in progress to complete the shooting.
Childhood, Parents & Brother
Parag Tyagi was born to his father Rajeshwar Dyal Tyagi and Mother whose name is unknown yet in 1975 (age 44 years old; as in 2019) in Modinagar which is a small city of Ghaziabad.
In his family, he also has an older brother named Anurag Tyagi. His sibling has moved to Australia for professional reasons.
In his childhood, he has attended Tulsi Ram Mahashevery Public School located at Modinagar, Uttar Pradesh to complete his education.
Physical Stats, Height & Weight
The actor started his career when he was 34. As Parag has an amazing personality, he never faced any such issues regarding the looks in his career. Parag Tyagi is a muscular man with an attractive tall height of 5 ft 11 in. He has also tattooed Lord Bajrang Bali on his Right arm.
Because of his muscular body, Tyagi has played many roles of villains which were famous on the Television. The 44-year-old man with attractive facial features and amazing personality likes to work out in the gym daily and doesn’t seem like his age.
- in meters: 1.80 m.
- in feet inches: 5′ 11″.
- in centimeters: 180 cm.
- in kilograms: 78 kg
- in pounds: 172 lbs
- Body Statistics: chest – 48, waist – 34, biceps – 16
- Eye color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
As of now, Parag Tyagi claims to be married to Wife Shefali Jariwala who was before married to Harmeet Gulzar.
This actor started his career in the entertainment industry in 2009. Earlier, he has not officially dated any girlfriend.
According to the reports, Parag and Shefali met by chance and started to like each other. Tyagi fell in love with Shefali’s originality and his wife fell in love with an Indian tv actor when he supported and healed her broken heart to give herself a second chance in her life.
When the couple participated, in reality, show Nach Baliye, the 44-year old actor proposed a 37-year-old actress and expressed his wish to marry her.
After then, in 2012 the couple decided to tie the knot with each other. They wanted a lavish beach wedding for which they even booked the venue too in Goa but in January 2012, Parag’s father got a heart attack and the couple had to push back their wedding.
At that time Parag Tyagi went to his father with Shefali. In June 2012, Tyagi’s dad got a second heart attack, after then the Indian tv actor brought up their parents in Mumbai to look after them.
The Situations tried hard to stop them to start their joyful life. Finally, both decided it is the marriage that matters not the grand celebrations.
On 12 August 2014, Tyagi married his wife, The couple finally settled for a court marriage on August 12, 2014.
Their marriage was that much sudden that they didn’t even click the pictures of their marriage. After then, the married couple is living and enjoying their life happily.
Some Hidden Facts About Parag Tyagi
- Parag Tyagi tried to start his acting career through his first Bollywood debut movie ‘A Wednesday’ in which he played the role of a police officer Aakash.
- But when Parag didn’t gain any fame, he tried to get another opportunity after then Tyagi got the opportunity to act on Television Serial.
- In 2009 the Indian TV actor played the role of a supporting actor in Television Serial ‘Pavitra Rishta’ as Archana’s brother Vinod.
- After then, the 44-year-old actor participated in the reality show ‘Nach Baliye’ with his wife Shefali Jariwala and later reappeared in the seventh season of this show with his wife.
- Later on, He did many roles in many TV serials like ‘Jodha Akbar'(2013) as Mirza Sharifuddin, ‘Kalash'(2015) as Abhay Deol, ‘Pyaar ko Ho Jaane Do’
- (2015) as Kuku Khurrana, ‘Brahmarakshas'(2016) as Brahmarakshas, ‘Kaala Teeka'(2017) as Dev Thakur Sinha and ‘Aghori'(2019) as Rudranath.
- In his Bollywood projects, he has done mostly supporting roles which are ‘A Wednesday’ (2008) and ‘Sarkar 3’ (2017).
- He has also done Telugu films are Agnyaathavaasi (2018) and Vanky Mama which is currently in progress to complete the shooting and fixing the date of releasing the project.
- Nowadays, Parag is best known for playing his villain roles.
- Net worth (approx.): Rs. 10 – Rs. 15 Crores Indian Rupees.
- Annual Earnings: Rs. 2 – 4 Crores Indian Rupees.
- Income Source: TV Serial Salary, Movies Salary, Ads & Sponsorships.
- Parag likes to eat seafood a lot.
- On Zee TV, he got the opportunity to play the lead role of “Brahmarakshas” in the Television show “Brahmarakshas: Jaag Utha Shaitaan (2016)”. The story of this TV series is inspired by films like Paheli (2005), and Duvidha (1973).
- During the controversies in the big boss of Shefali, he defended her and said: “If the people think that a girl and a boy can’t be friends, thy can’t share their bond then the peoples should take treatment to get themselves out of this sick mentality”.
- Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar are the favorite actors of Parag.
- Comparing to his personality he is different in character, he has an innocent character who believes in living a decent life with hard work.
- Parag is a pet lover.