|Real Name||Troy Austin|
|Famously Known as||Louis Tomlinson’s Estranged father|
|Age (As of 2020)||51 years old|
|Gay or Lesbian||No|
|Social Media Profiles||Instagram: Troy Austin
|Parents||Father: Harry Austin
Mother: Tina Austin
Body Statistics & More
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 180 cm.
Meters: 1.80 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||7|
|Past Affair?||Will Update Soon|
|wife||Johannah Deakin (Died in 2016)|
|School||A Local High School|
|Alma mater||Will Update|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1.5 million US dollars (As of 2020|
Favorite Things & More
|Favorite Football Players||Lionel Messi
Gareth Bale, Gary Lineker
|Diagnosed With||Liver Cancer|
|Undergoing Treatment at||Sheffield’s Northern General Hospital in the United Kingdom.|
Some Hidden Facts about Troy Austin
- Troy Austin, better known as British singer Louis Tomlinson’s estranged father, is a cancer survivor.
- Born in 1969 to the family of Harry Austin (dad) and Tina Austin (mom) in the United Kingdom, Troy Austin bears English nationality and white ethnicity.
- His mum and dad got married in 1968.
- Troy Austin’s father – Harry Austin has an illustrious military career. Reportedly, he worked as a station manager at Southampton’s St Mary’s Fire Station. It is also learned that Harry Austin was sent to Saudi Arabia for secret military operations.
- Recalling his childhood memories, Troy learned numerous qualities from his “army officer” dad including courage, discipline, integrity, loyalty, flexibility, adaptability, and empathy.
- His mom, Tina Austin, died due to bone marrow cancer, which is also known as multiple myeloma.
- After Tina Austin’s untimely demise, Troy’s dad exchanged vows with a lady known by her surname “Privett”, according to sources.
- You’ll be surprised to know that Troy Austin was diagnosed with liver cancer in 2018. Reportedly, its primary cause was Troy’s habit of regular drinking and smoking. Yet Louis Tomlinson’s dad insists that he has now a changed man. At present, his treatment is being taken care of by Sheffield’s Northern General Hospital in the United Kingdom.
Seeking reunion with his dad, Harry Austin
- According to our research, Troy last spoke to his father in 1998. Troy now seeks a reunion with his dad after being diagnosed with liver cancer.
Addicted to Smoking & Drinking
- Before the diagnosis of deadly liver cancer, Troy stated that he was a chain-smoker, smoking over 25 cigarettes a day, and drinking 6-8 cans of Tyskie, a Polish beer. Chinese and Indian dishes were also a part of his irregular diet. Some days he didn’t eat at all except drinking and smoking. Troy says that he usually drinks to celebrate both the good times as well as bad.
- It is also learned that due to smoking, Troy’s overall health has diminished and is at greater risk to get exposed to other cardiovascular diseases.
- If we talk about his academic credentials, Louis Tomlinson’s father, Troy holds a degree in hotel management and worked in several companies for earning his livelihood.
- After passing out from the university, he started dating Johannah Deakin, and later the pair tied the nuptial knots.
- The couple gave birth to Louis Tomlinson on 24th December 1991 in South Yorkshire, England.
- With respect to Troy’s married life, it is no secret that the relationship didn’t work out well.
- Owing to regular conflicts and misunderstandings, the couple split when Louis was just two weeks old.
Death of his ex-wife
- On the fateful day of 7 December, his ex-wife, Johannah Deakin – Louis’ mum – passed away battling leukemia, a blood cancer, in 2016.
- At present, Troy is residing at Doncaster, a town in Northern England.
Proud Dad of Louis William Tomlinson
- Troy’s son, Louis William Tomlinson, professionally known as Louis Tomlinson, is a famous singer. In 2017, Louis made his dad proud by winning the Teen Choice Award under the category of “Choice Music: Collaboration – Just Hold On”. New Artist International and Best UK Act were other accolades won by Louis Tomlinson in the same year. In 2018, iHeart Radio Music Awards bestowed upon him the “Best Solo Breakout” trophy in 2018, while Troy’s proud son won Teen Choice Awards again in 2019 under the category of “Choice Single: Male Artist”.
His Relationship with Louis
- Currently, Troy Austin and his son, Louis Tomlinson do not share a cordial relation. Even they are not in touch with each other for several years.
Hopeful of reuniting with his son
- During an interview, Troy shared his pain, saying that although he is happy and feels proud that his son is forging ahead with his passions and friendships, his rejection is painful. He wanted to reconcile with his beloved son, uttering that there are no winners or losers in estrangement. Sometimes, he thinks that he failed as a dad. Still, he is hopeful about his reunion with his son in the coming months.
- It is worth mentioning here that Louis didn’t comment publicly with respect to his estranged father’s disease. Louis Tomlinson was quite close to his mother as she was a “source of motivation” for him.
- The cancer survivor also loves to play football. He has been playing this game since his teenage. He describes the beauty of the game saying that football is a stunning spectacle and a rewarding experience of putting the ball in the net.
- His favorite football players include Lionel Messi, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo, Diego Maradona, Gareth Bale, Gary Lineker, Wayne Rooney, and Bobby Moore.
Dietary Restrictions Due To Cancer
- Being a cancer patient, his diet plan has been recommended by physicians, which includes dark green veggies, citrus fruits (grapefruits and oranges), fresh fruit juice, cheese, yogurt, whole grains, lean proteins, low-fat dairy, bananas, legumes, walnuts, and berries.
- During this critical stage, Troy has also been advised to stay hydrated every time. Also cruciferous veggies like cauliflower, broccoli have been recommended to reduce the risk. Excessive intake of oily foods or salt, sugar is strictly prohibited for Louis’ estranged dad.